Volunteer Opportunities at Grass Lake Sanctuary
Interested in coming to beautiful Grass Lake Sanctuary and participating in our leading-edge land stewardship & conservation programs, or bringing your loving touch to grounds & facilities for GLS’s innovative healing retreats? You’re invited to join the GLS family as a volunteer and help us care for this unique place, in partnership with the land itself. Groups and individuals from the community are warmly welcomed to join us for GLS Service Learning Days. Enjoy the healing presence and beauty of Grass Lake Sanctuary while helping with a wide variety of seasonal and ongoing projects.
May-June 2017 Volunteer Opportunities:
- Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30pm at Grass Lake Sanctuary — projects include trimming trees, string trimming, gardening, weeding, mowing trails, tidying cabins, pond care, putting up tents, and more! Click here for a more complete list of projects by date.
- Saturday May 6 and June 3, 9am-2pm, and possibly other weekend days as needed before summer retreat season
Please RSVP if you would like to participate so we can plan accordingly! To RSVP or for more information, contact Matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-421-0405.
It shouldn’t be called volunteering; it should be called receiving.
As a GLS volunteer, you can:
- Learn about land stewardship through hands-on participation
- Remove invasive species and preserve native ecosystems
- Create wildlife habitats
- Maintain walking and hiking trails
- Cultivate the organic vegetable gardens and flower gardens
- Enhance and maintain retreat facilities and grounds
- Participate in the “Creatures in Residence” program
- Enjoy gentle exercise and great conversation in a beautiful setting
- Meet other people from the community who care about the land
- Experience the peacefulness and healing of Grass Lake Sanctuary